Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Oh, and the gorgeous cake is from Retro Bakery in Las Vegas-http://www.retrobakerylv.com/ . I only wish it was really my cake!
Monday, October 5, 2009
- Decorate the house for fall. I love fall, and I love decorating the house for autumn almost as much as decorating the house for Christmas. My fall box is out and waiting for me in the basement, so I'm hoping to bring it upstairs tonight and spruce this house up!
- Write a long, newsy post complete with pictures. Yeah, I know I've been promising that for a while, but it's now on The List, so maybe it will get done.
- Cook dinner at least once this week. Poor Mr. P...lately he either cooks or we starve! That's actually a bit of an exaggeration, but we have been eating too much take out and quick dinners lately. I love to cook, and I need to get back in the habit of cooking. I received this cookbook last year, and it has some great recipes in it.
- Clean out the garage. Okay, that is actually on the list I have for Mr. P, but I intend to nag him about it this week because it is driving me crazy : )
- Celebrate my birthday tomorrow!
- Go to the beach with Mr. P and my family for some much needed R & R. It will be a quick trip (Thursday to Sunday), but I am so excited about it. My mom, dad, brother, and I all have birthdays in September and October, so we are having one great big birthday bash at the beach.
I also recently bought this book from a book vendor at school. I thought it was the cutest cookbook, and it has old-fashioned recipes that have been updated. I especially love the appetizer section of it.
I'll let you know the status of The List as my week progresses.
Have a great day!