Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Meme

I've seen this meme on several blogs, so I thought I'd post it too.

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, with big, pretty ribbons and bows.
  2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Artificial, so that we can put it up after Thanksgiving
  3. When do you put Christmas tree up? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving, but with FIL in the hospital this year, we will put it up this weekend.
  4. When do you take the tree down? January 2
  5. Like eggnog? Love it. I love to pour some in one of my special Christmas glasses or mugs and then curl up on the couch, sip eggnog, and admire the Christmas tree.
  6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes... several.
  7. Favorite gift received as a child? My dollhouse when I was seven years old. Three stories, designed and built by my dad and uncle. My mom and my aunt used carpet and wallpaper remnants to decorate it for me. I still have the dollhouse, and hopefully I'll have a little girl to play with it one day.
  8. Hardest person to buy for? My brother.
  9. Easiest person to buy for? My niece Katie
  10. Worst Christmas gift? I really can't think of one right now. I had a Secret Santa one year who was terrible, so I guess that would be it.
  11. Mail or email a Christmas card? Mail, of course.
  12. Favorite Christmas movie? Oh, I love Christmas movies! My favorite Christmas classic would have to be White Christmas, but I also like Santa Clause 2 and A Christmas Story.
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Not nearly as soon as I wish I would!
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Once, but I was desperate for a gift and didn't have time to go get one. And it was still a really good gift!
  15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Mom's Cheese Grits on Christmas morning, along with her breakfast casserole and sausage balls.
  16. Lights on tree? White lights and lots of them!
  17. Favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night and Tennessee Christmas
  18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? We go to my parents' house in Tennesse on Christmas Eve for dinner and church, spend the night, have presents and Christmas breakfast, then travel back home and spend the rest of the day with Mr. P's family.
  19. Can you name Santa's reindeer's? Why, of course! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph.
  20. Angel or Star on Tree top? Angel
  21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? When people forget what Christmas is really all about.
  23. Favorite ornament? The one that Mr. P and I bought together for our first Christmas. (I'm planning on posting a pic when I get my tree decorated.)
  24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Honestly, there is nothing that I really want. I just want to spend time with Mr. P and my family.

I've really enjoyed reading these on other people's blogs, so I tag anyone who hasn't done this yet!

MB

1 comment:

Surf Girl said...

Oooh, I forgot about breakfast casserole on Christmas morning. Love it!