Saturday, July 18, 2009

Good grief, I've turned into such an intermittent blogger lately. This summer has been incredibly busy and I have missed blogging so much!


Mr. P and I just returned from a short vacation to the beach with some friends. We could only stay a couple of days, but it was great to have a few days of R and R at the beach. The weather was great and we didn't really do much except hang out at the beach during the day and go out to dinner at night. We played putt-putt golf one night and shopped another night. All in all, a great relaxing, albeit short, trip with some dear friends.



Does anyone else get on a quest to find the perfect "something" and not rest until you find it? I have a bad habit of doing this, and my latest quest has been a new planner. Every summer since I moved from teaching to being an administrator, I have bought an academic planner/calendar for the upcoming year. Usually they are easy to find this time of year, in a variety of sizes and styles. In late June, after Mr. P and I had been out to dinner, I stopped in at Office Depot to find a new planner for me. I knew that I wanted one with both weekly and monthly planning, and I needed one with lots of lines for various school activities and appointments each day. Well, they didn't have what I wanted, so I moved on to Staples, Target, TJ Maxx, and some stationary stores without finding what I was looking for. It seemed as if I found one I liked, it didn't start until January 2010, and I didn't like any of the ones that started in August 2009. I went online and checked out some possibilities, but I really wanted to be able to see the planner and look through it, so I didn't order one.



On our last night at the beach, I was shopping for birthday presents for my niece and sister in law. I went in a boutique to look at some Vera Bradley items, and it was in there that I found the perfect planner! I had checked Vera Bradley online for a planner, but I must have somehow missed these. So I very excitedly bought the 2010 Agenda (starts in August 2009) in Blue Rhapsody, and spent a very relaxing hour yesterday writing dates in my new pretty planner. Honestly, I'm such a geek sometimes! Needless to say, Mr. P is very relieved that I finally found what I was looking for-it was getting almost obsessive and he had very patiently trailed along with me through numerous stores.

No comments: