Monday, January 4, 2010

Let's Talk About Skin Care...

Back in November, my best pal Lori B and I went Christmas shopping together and naturally ended up in Sephora. I ended up in the Philosophy section because I have been using this for quite a long time:



I love the soft, subtle scent of Amazing Grace. I had been looking for a new facial cleanser, and since I love the Philosphy line, I bought a travel-size bottle of this:



I fell in love the the Purity Made Simple facial cleanser. It makes my skin feel so soft! So I ordered a full-size bottle online, and was considering some moisturizer from the Philosophy line. A few months ago, I had gotten a sample size of this during one of the Clinique bonus days:

I really liked it, but I had finally used the last of it and I couldn't decide whether to buy another jar (at $50 a jar, a little pricey for me!) or to try this from Philosophy:

Well, I decided to wait on the moisturizer, and when I went to check out online, I got a free sample of Hope in a Jar-yippee! So I've been using it, but I have to say that I don't like it quite as well as the Clinique Youth Surge. I guess once it runs out, I'll have to see if I want to put out the $$ for the Clinique. I will say that the sample jar, which was very small, lasted me almost three months. So I think that if I bought the bigger jar, it would last a long time.

I've also started using mineral makeup. I had a sample kit from Bare Essentials, but I wasn't crazy about the coverage. Lori suggested Merle Norman to me because she had been using it for a while and she really liked it. Well, it turned out that there was a Merle Norman boutique in the mall where we were shopping, so we went in and I got some. I have to tell you, I was skeptical but I love, love, love this makeup.

So between my new skin care products and my mineral makeup, I'm feeling pretty good these days! I've usually been a pick-it-up-at-Target-or-Walgreens kind of girl, but I'm really liking these new products. After all, I'm not getting any younger and every little bit helps!!

5 comments:

Tammy B said...

I've been debating trying philosopy's Purity. I have oily skin and have been using Kiehl's, but since I've been laid up, my skin has started looking pretty blah. It needs a pick me up.

Lori B said...

Glad you're liking the new makeup. I have to say--I'm loving my new MAC powder as well. It has great coverage. Talk to ya soon!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I hope you had a great start to the semester!

EC said...

I'm glad you got to see our state! I'm a little biased, but I think Arkansas is a gorgeous state. Hopefully someday I'll be able to see Kentucky!

skin whitening said...

Hello.
I am very interested in skin care.
I try to use Clinique products.
Thank you.