Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Days

So, this was supposed to be posted on Sunday but I had to leave for Lexington for a conference and by the time we checked into the hotel and got settled, I still had to read some articles for the sessions today. Here it is, a little late and I promise to have better posts, with pictures after i get home tomorrow. I have lots to share, including some highlights from my trip and my latest shopping excursion. Until then, here's a little update on our goings-on...

Last week, we drove down to Barren River to see Mr. P’s parents who were spending the week down there. We enjoyed a great dinner in Scottsville, and our little mini-trip gave Mr. P and I a chance to scout the area because we are going down there in July. I always like to check out the stores, restaurants, and other interesting places for wherever we are going and I saw some great possibilities on Tuesday!

I met my friend LoriP for lunch on Thursday at Panera. It was a busy school year for both of us, so it was so much fun to relax and catch up on each other’s lives. Thursday was also Mr. P’s birthday, and he wanted to celebrate at home so we grilled steaks and had baked potatoes, corn salad and rolls. It was fun to cook in the kitchen and have a quiet dinner together. I enjoyed it more than going out, and that’s saying a lot because I love to eat out and try new restaurants! (I've visited some great restaurants on my trip, so I'll share the details soon!)

Spent last week cleaning and organizing my office, particularly the files. Overall, my office stays pretty neat because I simply cannot function in chaos. But the filing cabinets were out of control. By the end of the year, I couldn’t fit another file in anything. I had gone through the filing cabinets when I was settling in after I first took on the principal’s job, but I hadn’t thrown much away because I didn’t know what I would need or not. Now that I’ve been there for two years, I felt a lot more comfortable tossing things! I also cleaned out a whole filing cabinet in our file room, and I am moving some files that I don’t use but I can’t throw away (things like old test scores, audits, attendance reports, etc.) over there. That way, I can go back several years to find something if needed, but they are not cluttering up the files that I use on a regular basis. At one point in the re-organizing process, my office looked like a bomb had exploded in there-you know how you have to pull everything out before you can get it organized. My custodian popped her head in my office and had the most surprised look on her face…I just assured her that there was a method to my madness!

Friday night, we went over to D and R’s house with our other friends C and L. We were celebrating Mr. P and R’s birthday (they are one day apart). I’m tried a new recipe from Southern Plate, the Grilled Chicken Tenderloins (WIthout the Grill). They were soooo good and so easy to make. Click on the link to check out the recipe. And Southern Plate is an awesome site if you haven’t already discovered it.

Hope that everyone is having a great summer! More interesting posts with pics coming soon!


No comments: