Monday, September 15, 2008

Great Weekend

Well, we had a great weekend at the Putter house! My parents came up to visit on Friday and they stayed until Sunday. It was my dad's birthday on Friday, so my brother, sister-in-law, and niece drove up on Saturday and we had a cookout for my dad. It was so great to have my family up here, especially my brother and his family. My parents visit us 5 or 6 times a year, but usually Mr. P and I drive down whenever we have family get-togethers with my brother's family.

My brother is a big fisherman, so he and Mr. P went over and fished in our pond. The dogs went with them and provided proper entertainment while they fished. I don't think the dogs scared the fish away though, because they caught a few bass. While the guys were gone, my sister in law and I talked and caught up on things. We hadn't seen each other in a while, so it was nice to chat.

We grilled steaks and chicken and had roasted potatoes and baked beans. I had also made some snacks for us to have in the afternoon. We had two types of cake for my dad. He loves jam cake, so Mr. P (who is quite a good cook and baker) made one for him, but we also had a regular white cake for him too.

We watched the UK football game that night, and our friends that we go to the UK games with came over to watch it with us. They brought their twin two year old boys, and my family just loved them. They are so cute and provided us much entertainment during the game!

On Sunday, Mom and Dad left to get back to Nashville and Mr. P and I crashed. We were so tired! I love having guests, but it really wears you out too. I felt like I spent my whole weekend cooking and cleaning, but I wouldn't trade the time with my family for the world.

No comments: