Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The View From My Back Door

The usual view from my back door....peaceful and serene.

Tonight I glanced out the door while cooking dinner and this is what I saw...


I was trying to be discreet and open the door to get a good picture, but the door creaked and it startled them.

Going, going, gone....back to the woods!



Even Miss Sunny was respectful of the wildlife. She simply observed them from afar with her legs crossed in such a ladylike way.

These things help this city girl appreciate the country!

6 comments:

Y'all Spoken Here said...

As I type this, I am enjoying the full moon, glowing through the oak trees in my front yard. Although it is a beautiful sight, it is nothing to compare with the deer in your yard! Ah, for the country life! And by the way, we should write a book on names, including Sputnick Neon and Amberlishious! Would we have a best seller, or another volume of "Believe It or Not?"

P*P*P said...

What an amazing view you have from your back door! Thanks for the comment on my blog! I love hearing from new readers, plus now I am going to start reading your blog because it is fabulous and very cute! :)

k e r r y said...

To be so close to nature is calming isn't it? I'm impressed you were able to remember to get your camera!

LyndsAU said...

Such great pictures. I love it. Amazing view! And Sunny is PRECIOUS!

Caffeine Court said...

What a calm and well mannered doggie!

I've never been to Kentucky, but my husband has and he tells me it's so beautiful.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

I just blog hopped over here from Pink Cupcakes & Tab and we have the same background! I just found mine 2 weeks ago --oops.

It's cute though, isn't it? At first I thought "How did I get on my blog...and what are these pictures of this dog doing on my blog?" LOL.