Thursday, July 31, 2008

Abs Diet Update

I have been a model Abs Diet girl this week. I even ventured out to lunch a couple of times and stuck to the program. Eating out at restaurants is usually the downfall of my diet, especially in the little cafes and diners around here. I'm in a pretty rural area, and a lot of the little diners around here feature country cooking, which is delicious, but usually not very healthy.

On Tuesday, the other administrator and I went to a local restaurant that features a buffet of wonderful food. Think fried chicken, fried catfish, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits, corn bread, desserts, etc. Although the buffet does have a salad bar, I just didn't trust myself to make good choices, so I ordered grilled chicken off the menu. On Wednesday, a group of us went to a new cafe in town. The menu had a vast array of sandwiches, soups, and salads. Everyone else ordered a sandwich, but I ordered a salad. It was really good with romaine lettuce, baby spinach, turkey, tomatoes, and more. I was really satisfied with my salad and didn't suffer from "food envy" at all.

I've discovered that the more I stick to the program and the "power foods" (see the Abs Diet for details), the easier it is to make good choices with food.

On Monday, I got on the treadmill for 30 minutes on a walk/run program and I also did circuit training. I haven't made it on the treadmill any other day this week, but I have made up for it in moving furniture, hauling boxes, unpacking, and cleaning my office. I worked 12+ hours on Tuesday and Wednesday, and I was just too tired to exercise when I got home. I didn't get on the treadmill today either, but I had a rehearsal tonight and I think that a couple of hours of dancing should count for something, right?

Now I need to get mentally geared up for the weekend. I tend to let myself fall off the diet wagon on Saturdays and Sundays. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Buford Betty said...

Weekends are totally the hardest! :-) Best wishes...

Suburban prep said...

So wish I could get my abs in shipshape.

Mary Beth said...

I highly recommend this book, Suburban Prep. It is fairly easy to follow, and the book has tons of ab exercises as part of the program.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.