Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend Recap

Quick recap of our weekend...

We went golfing on Friday night with my in-laws. Even though I've been playing for a few years now, this was the first time I have ever gone with them. Mr. P goes quite a bit with his dad, but this was the first time the four of us had played together. I didn't play as well as I would have liked to, but overall I did okay. I was breaking in a new pair of golf shoes, so I think I was thinking about my feet more than usual. The shoes were a gift from Mr. P. Aren't they cute?





Sorry if the picture is a little fuzzy, it was the only one that I could find of the shoes. After golf, we went and ate at a little diner overlooking the river. Great view and the food was really good too.

On Saturday, our church held their annual fundraiser picnic. It's a pretty big event with a dinner, games, auction, concessions, etc. Mr. P went over to the church early to help fry the chicken for the dinner. The men always do this because it involves huge fryers and lots of hot grease. I want no part of it! I went over later to help serve at the dinner, and then we both worked a concession booth until almost midnight. We were so tired, but this fundraiser usually brings in between $18,000 and $20,000 for the church, so it is worth the time we put in each year. We always have a good time too, because we are working with our friends.

Back up early this morning for church. We usually go out with the in-laws or with friends after church, but we just got some take-out and brought it home today. I perform each summer in a community theater and I had a rehearsal this afternoon. Mr. P played golf with some friends. Pizza for dinner tonight (my cheat meal of the week) and then we are going to bed early. I have to work the next 3 days-it's kindergarten orientation, so it will be very busy around the school.

No comments: