Thursday, February 10, 2011

5 Things I'm Into Right Now

Snow, snow, and more snow around here. We have not had a full day of school this week-early release on Monday, out on Tuesday, early release on Wednesday, out Thursday and Friday. One good thing about this never-ending winter is that I have been forced to drive on the roads and I'm getting more comfortable driving in snow. It helps that I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with 4WD, so I'm pretty comfortable about trying to pull a hill but I am terrified that I am going to slide off the road or into something. I even voluntarily ventured out early today while our road was still snowy. Yay me!

I've seen this posted on several blogs, and it has been a while since I've done this so here are 5 things I'm into right now:

My Nook



I love this little thing. I always read 2-3 books at a time and I love having them all in one little toy that I can carry everywhere.


Burt's Bees with Pomegranate Oil



My lips are so chapped and this little beauty really helps them out. I keep these stashed everywhere-home makeup drawer, purse, desk, Jeep so I can grab one at anytime.


Ipod


I literally do not leave home with out this because I use it everywhere. I play it while driving, I have some instrumental playlists for the office, I have other playlists to use during assemblies and pep rallies at school, and I cannot get on the treadmill without it.


Casting Crowns


I first heard this awesome group when I downloaded the soundtrack to the movie Fireproof (if you are married and you have not seen this movie, buy or rent the DVD now-it's a fantastic movie!) I have CC's new CD and I am listening to it all the time. I'm attending the Women of Joy conference in March and Casting Crowns will be in concert at the conference. I am so excited! Two of my favorite songs on the CD are
Glorious Day and Always Enough.


A sample of the lyrics of Glorious Day


Living, He loved me
Dying, He saved me

Buried, He carried my sins far away

Rising, He justified freely forever

One day He’s coming
Oh glorious day, oh glorious day



And Always Enough

You hold the world within Your hands
And see each tear that falls

Through every fire and every storm
You're always enough, always enough

Your love is peace to the broken

Faith for the widow, hope for the orphan, strength for the weak

Your love is the anthem of nations, rings out through the age
s
And You're always enough for me



Monogrammed Lunch Bag


I received this as a Christmas gift and I love it. I've been trying to eat healthier and that means being prepared. This cute bag holds all my snacks and meals for the day.



Hope everyone's week is going well-it's almost Friday!

1 comment:

-Emily- said...

I have the monogrammed lunch bag and the cooler and I LOVE both of them! I want one of everything that Thirty One has!