Friday, October 3, 2008

7 Random/Weird Things About Me


I've been tagged by Monogrammed Teacher and Pharmacist Erin. So here are my seven random/weird things about myself.
  1. I am somewhat OCD. I cannot go to sleep if the closet door isn't closed and the two bedroom doors aren't open just right, I can't leave the house unless the bed is made, my desk must be straightened up before I leave school for the day, etc. This drives my laid back husband crazy sometimes.
  2. I live two miles from the Eastern/Central Time Zone line. I live in the Eastern Time Zone, but I work in the Central Time Zone. It takes me an hour to drive to school, so if I leave home at 6:45 am and drive for an hour, then I arrive at school at 6:45. Subsequently, if I leave school at 5:00 and drive home for an hour, I arrive home at 7:00. It can be very confusing at times!
  3. I cannot start following someone's blog without going back and reading all of the archives. Otherwise, I feel like I have started reading a book in the middle of the story.
  4. I am terrified of snakes. I cannot see a picture of one in a book without getting twitchy. If I see one on TV, I will involuntarily pull my feet up off the floor.
  5. I am a perpetual worrier. I worry when I don't have anything to worry about. I have been told that this is horrible for my health, which makes me worry even more. It's a vicious cycle.
  6. I have a master's degree, plus 30 hours in educational administration. I'm considering getting a doctorate in educational administration because I am only 45 hours away from one. But the thought of writing a dissertation scares me to death.
  7. I was born and raised in Nashville. I now live on a 100 acre farm with 3 ponds, wooded areas, and lots of wildlife. Quite a change for a city girl!

I think that most of the bloggers that I read have already done this, so I'm tagging anyone who hasn't!

7 comments:

Kelli Radford said...

Did you get my email last night? I worry about everything too! Oh and that time thing is nuts!

Kids, Canines, and Chaos said...

I am totally with you on the archives when reading a new blog. I MUST go back and read from day one. And, I'm a perpetual worrier, too.

Love reading what you have to say!

Mary Beth said...

Just saw your email...and sent you a response : )

Etiquettely Correct said...

I love these kinds of posts! I am the same way about snakes - I hate them!!!! My husband thinks I am so weird but I can't look at a picture!

Sandra said...

I am new to this blogging and I have not been tagged, so I think I will list 7 random/weird things about me... And thanks for your comment! I have often said that we should write books of the stories that we educators hear... we could make a million! Have a great weekend!

Hopsy said...

You have be confused about the times and I hate snakes too. Your farm sounds so, so pretty. I bet this time of year is one of your favorites with the leaves changing.

Surf Girl said...

That time thing would make me crazy! And I am totally with you on 3 and 4. (I just found your blog, so excuse me while I read awhile!) And my little man would love it if we lived on 100 acres!
Love the blog name - I am a golf widow. :)