Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hangin' in There for my Vols



Not a good day for football in my household, Kentucky lost to South Carolina and Tennessee lost to Georgia. I figured that the Vols wouldn't pull it out today, given the way the season has gone so far. No hard feelings against all you Georgia girls, though : ) We thought the Wildcats had a chance against the Gamecocks, unfortunately that wasn't the case. I still proudly wore my orange today because I'm hanging in there for my Volunteers!

The in-laws hosted the church's annual hayride and bonfire tonight, which meant that we sort-of hosted it too. Mr. P was up early this morning getting the hay bales on the wagons, setting up the wood for the fire, hauling picnic tables down to the area by the big pond, and doing various other chores. He was closely supervised by Sunny, as you can see from this picture:


And apparently watching others work makes her so tired that she can't even hold her head up...



My camera battery died right when we got back from the hayride, so I don't have any pictures of the bonfire, but here are a few pictures that I managed to get.
Loading up the wagons


Mr. P driving one of the tractors.


Sunny followed along for a while...


but she got tired so she jumped up on the wagon with us. She kept wanting to jump on and off the wagon and it was making me so nervous. Finally my sweet father-in-law put her in the cab of his truck, which was pulling the other wagon. She looked so cute sitting up there beside him. She certainly knew how to trick us into getting her a sweet ride! I tried to get a picture of her sitting up beside him, but I was at a weird angle, so this is the best I could do.


You can only see her back because she's leaning towards the window to stick her head out. Most of the time, she was sitting up, looking out the windshield. It was so cute!

It didn't really feel like hayride/bonfire weather today-it was in the 80's, but once the sun went down, the fire felt good and everyone had a good time. I really regret that I don't have any pictures from the bonfire. The area where we had it is one of my favorite places on the farm. There's a huge pond, with a dock and a large cleared area around it.
Busy day tomorrow-church, followed by a birthday party in the afternoon. Hope that everyone else is having a great weekend!



4 comments:

Sandra said...

I am with you. I will wear orange if we are 0-10 - yikes hope that never happens, but... wow, what a long, difficult football season.

Kids, Canines, and Chaos said...

I love that you can always turn a post about one topic into something with Sunny! :) I am glad to see there are others who love their dog as much as we love ours. If I didn't think I'd lose readers, I might blog about those dogs everyday!

Surf Girl said...

What a fun hay ride! And Sunny is the cutest!!

Mary Beth said...

Yes, Sunny is a daily source of entertainment around here. I could easily turn this into a Doggy Blog because she is always up to something!

I try to limit it to a couple of times a week, but she's so darn cute!